Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

aftergolf

RVF Newbee
Planning a trip north going through Baltimore in a Class A. Garmin route takes me through the McHenry Tunnel, which I am too wide for. Max width in the tunnel is 8' and my MH is 8.5'.
Called and talked to Garmin support and they said to submit a map error.
Discussed this is a fundamental map problem, not a map 'error'. The rep did not want to hear about it or discuss it. Was told you must do your planning properly.
This is nuts! What is the value of the GPS if it routes through a tunnel that will not allow the vehicle?
All of the input parameters are correct in the 1090, for height, width, weight etc and all maps are up to date.
Any one else have these problems?

Verify your profile is configured correctly and also that the configured profile is in use. I've seen in the past where I have a RV profile setup and noticed after an update I have a chevron vehicle icon instead of a motorhome icon. The wrong profile got selected. I've only seen this happen once. Again, check check and recheck that your vehicle parameters are entered correctly and in use.

Thank you, but the vehicle is correct on the home screen, which is the motorhome and all the parameters of the coach are correct.
This is a huge problem as if we were traveling to the tunnel there is no where to turn around.

Latest resources

Back