Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mowerman camping

RVF Regular
I have a Garmin 890. How can I save a route to use later. Do I need a sd card ? Do I save the trip when I start or when I arrive at my destination. If so how.

I have the 1090 which uses the same software.When you create and name a route, it saves it. Just go to “Previous Routes” I think. I can’t get to mine to verify the exact steps, but I know that all of my past trips are still saved in mine.

I have the 1090 which uses the same software.When you create and name a route, it saves it. Just go to “Previous Routes” I think. I can’t get to mine to verify the exact steps, but I know that all of my past trips are still saved in mine.
OK thanks. I have created a lot of routes but never named one. I guess only when you name a route it then saves it ? Does it have a place to name the route ? I don't recall seeing a place to name it. I am new to this.

OK thanks. I have created a lot of routes but never named one. I guess only when you name a route it then saves it ? Does it have a place to name the route ? I don't recall seeing a place to name it. I am new to this.
Even if you don’t name it you should see it in previous trips. Just had to look one up since I didn’t grab the odometer at one of our fuel stops.

Looked up the trip to get the miles between stops.

I can dig further and see how to save one if you need.

Use the trip planner. Once you put in the starting point, etc. hit next and it give you the option to name and save.

Latest resources

Back