RV Model
2671BHS
RV Length
30'
TOW/TOAD
2021 Silverado 1500 RST, 6.2L, 10 sp trans, max tow
Fulltimer
No
I have a nearly 14 year old Garmin Nüvi for which I purchased a "lifetime" map update. All these years later and Garmin is still issuing map updates for it.

I'm considering buying one of their "RV" gps devices (890 perhaps).

So, this might be a silly (or worrywart) question, but I have something nagging in the back of my mind about their new devices and their map update policy.

Does the device come with perpetual ("lifetime") map updates? Do the updates cease after a few years (e.g. their self-declared "device lifetime")?

I too, have an older Nuvi gps which I just updated the maps in a couple weeks ago. I bought a refurb garmin 770 rv model and get lifetime updates. So as far as I can see lifetime is just that.

I have a nearly 14 year old Garmin Nüvi for which I purchased a "lifetime" map update. All these years later and Garmin is still issuing map updates for it.

I'm considering buying one of their "RV" gps devices (890 perhaps).

So, this might be a silly (or worrywart) question, but I have something nagging in the back of my mind about their new devices and their map update policy.

Does the device come with perpetual ("lifetime") map updates? Do the updates cease after a few years (e.g. their self-declared "device lifetime")?

Looks like it's on sale so you may want to dive on this now. Yes, lifetime map updates.

My Garmin 760 from 2013 still gets lifetime map updates.

Looks like it's on sale so you may want to dive on this now. Yes, lifetime map updates.
That’s a lot less than I paid for mine…Here it is from The GPS Store - same price:
So I’ll just wait a year to get my 1090 when it will be marked down that much.

FYI I just bought some Garmin stuff from the GPS store and their price was about 15% less than Amazon. In this case they are the same but often you can get better deals at the GPS store.

Typically they put "LM" in the product title to indicate lifetime maps. I don't see that or any discussion of lifetime maps on their site in a quick glance but yes, it includes them.

Latest resources

Back