Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DTodd11

RVF Newbee
I currently have a 2016 F250 with the Power Stroke Diesel. I am thinking about getting a newer tow vehicle. I am spoiled with the power the diesel has but I am contemplating getting a gas truck instead of diesel.
I am curious if anyone is towing their 5th wheels with gas engines and how do they do?
Thanks for any replies and have a great day!

2019 Ford F-250 pulling a 2022 F.R. Wildcat 5th wheel. I have the gas 6.2. We, normally, get about 8 mpg pulling and about 12 mpg without RV. No really big mountains but traveling the Texas hills and states around with no issues. Might slow to 60 mph on some or even upper 50s but full timer and not in a hurry.

2019 Ford F-250 pulling a 2022 F.R. Wildcat 5th wheel. I have the gas 6.2. We, normally, get about 8 mpg pulling and about 12 mpg without RV. No really big mountains but traveling the Texas hills and states around with no issues. Might slow to 60 mph on some or even upper 50s but full timer and not in a hurry.
Thanks for the info!

Hello-might check out the youtube(link below) i've inserted. Couple of guys who own(s)both--pretty interesting. As a 6.7 owner i've been wrestling with the same issue; going to move up to F350(DRW) and trying to determine should i stay 6.7 or 7.3 Hope the video helps and doesn't muddy the waters more. HAHA

Latest resources

Back