Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I’m not tech enough to post pictures but I think you’ll know what I’m asking.

To my knowledge there are two different types of water pressure regulators. One has an adjustable gauge. The other is a barrel that regulates (normally set to 50 - 55) flow. Which one do you use for incoming water.

Ive used the gauge type but it seems that I just set it then never change it. Then I’ve used the barrel type but they seem to slow down pressure lower the longer I use it. Plus, I don’t have any idea what the pressure really is.

I use this one
62077003812__E786CC93-DB08-4758-A845-949F488811DD.jpeg
No so much because I feel the need to adjust it all the time, but I like to know what the water pressure is rather than just taking it on faith that the basic style regulator is working properly.

I use this one
View attachment 24255
No so much because I feel the need to adjust it all the time, but I like to know what the water pressure is rather than just taking it on faith that the basic style regulator is working properly.
Just don’t let it freeze.

I use this one
View attachment 24255
Same here - adjustable but don’t normally need to change once set - like looking to see where the pressure actually is.

I use this one
View attachment 24255
same here, and like @AbdRahim mentioned, don't let it freeze, left mine in the garage one winter, even forgot to drain it, needless to say, had to purchase another

IMHO, no gauge needed. Plan on replacing now and again. I keep a spare in the rig.

Not your fault they quit working. They weren't very good quality to begin with. I've searched high and low for a good quality US made version. Near as I can tell, they don't exist.

Part of my interest is my curiosity about the local water systems as a result of a few years in the fire service. I like knowing what the system is doing and of course protecting my coach from those stellar municipalities that have 100psi + water systems.

I use this one
View attachment 24255
3x
I still use the same one purchased 4.5 yrs ago and likely lasted so long because we use a water softener.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back