RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
We have a 2022 Grand Cherokee Summit that is four down towable according to the vehicle manual. We own a Winnebago Aspect Class C with a 5000-pound towing capacity. Being that it can be towed 4 down I assumed it could be also towed on a dolly but the vehicle manual states it CAN NOT be towed with two wheels off the ground. Just seems strange that towed all four down and not just two down. Does anyone know why? The manual states it could damage the transfer case or the transmission. I'm not going to do it but just curious why.

PS When you put the 2022 Summit in neutral the steering stays active so should be wobble-free towing.

When the transfer case is shifted into Neutral it disconnects the transfer case from the transmission, but the front and rear axles are still connected to each other. Towing with either end off the ground means one axle is spinning while the other axle is not.

Thanks that make sense. I was hoping I could get away with it for a winter trip down to Florida. I have Rubicon set up for towing so I won't be without

If you need to transport your tow dolly to Florida, you could flat tow the Grand Cherokee and hook the tow dolly up behind your GC on the hitch. ;)

Latest resources

Back