Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Nomad_Haabs

RVF Regular
We are looking at essentially two of the same floor plan grand design 5th wheels, one is the reflection model, one is the solitude model. Can anyone shed some light on what is making the 20-30k dollar difference? We will be full timing across the country, and may end up in some colder weather, but won't do it purposely for very long. We aren't opposed to spending the money, just want to know what you are getting for that extra money?

From what I find is that the Solitude is a taller unit that is 101" wide and the Reflection is slightly shorter in height and is 96" wide. The two links have specs
GD SOLITUDE
GD REFLECTION

Which floorpans are you comparing? I didn't think there were any Solitude/Reflection plans that were the same. The Solitudes are all drop-frame, deep basement designs, and I don't know of any Reflections that are made that way. Like Gronk said, the Solitudes are also wider, and I believe they all have heavier axles and wheels/tires as well. The Solitudes are generally better appointed, have higher payload capacities, dry weights, GVWR, and larger holding tanks as well. They are all definitely in the 1-ton dually category.

Latest resources

Back