Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Buckinator

RVF Regular
Looking for the smallest, lightest weight, but sufficient wattage to power my 2024 UltraLite 260RBSWE / 50 amp trailer.

Have 2 batteries > series rigged, with back of my Ford F-150 w/ camper topper for area to transport while pulling trailer. Have 1 solar panel, just had inverter installed.

Be nice, 68 yr old veteran here, cancer patient / survivor, with that " attachment / wife " so this has to be the best output with lightest / smallest size possible.

Will appreciate any help y'all can send my way....

Semper Fi !

To be nice, I'll lay it on the line! 50amps at 220 is 11000 watts.

So the question is what do you need to run to keep you and your attachment happy!!??!! Keep in mind,the question is what will you run at the same time? That way you can buy only what you need!

My other half has been told by me that we can only run large ticket items like AC, microwave, TV as a single unit thing to run. She knows that everything else is what is operable. My concern is what size / output / weight / wattage output is what we need to have filled, nothing more. My big worry is the weight of the unit, and what max output is attached to that.

I looked at it, and figure I will need a 5000 watt, dual fuel, with minimum 30 amp outlet.

Your assistance is appreciated, THANX !
Wow! No it is not going to be lite. I hope you aren't planning to man handle it.

A 3000 watt unit may have a 30 amp recep on it. And at one time it would start one AC unit.

I was hoping you would realize small is better, but that said. The option would be buying two honda inverters so you could move them around, and use their coupling device! This method could offer 4000watt peak, and an economy of using only one when that was an option.

Many options on brands, Honda is not the only one to offer that scheme.

I have a different setup but I first thought I wanted a 3500 Predator unit with a 30 amp socket. I went to Harbor Freight and literally picked up their demo unit. Said "Nope!" really quick. I ended up with a pair of their Predator 2000's and a couple for my 50 amp plug. I gave up electric start and any dual fuel chance but I really like how I can horse these around and even fit one in my RV's storage compartment if needed. Plus I like how quiet a single one can be when lightly loaded. Just saying what worked out for me, knowing your needs and wants are a bit different.

I have two 2500-watt Champion dual fuel inverter generators. They weigh about 39 pounds, and I have the parallel kit which has a 50-amp connector. This setup works well but of course we still pick and choose what we run in the RV (Solitude with 3 AC units). I also have only used propane with both units since it is easy for us to transport propane and I don't have to worry about having extra gas.

Honestly, I have the same results with solar, and a harbor freight 1000 watt two stroke tailgator generator. I have 6000 watts of 120VAC when needed, and a power source when the sun don't shine. Without batteries figured in,at a cost of 1000usd! with inverter battery bank 1300usd!

May take some work to set up, but 90% of the time, I don't have to manhandle anything anymore. I did the work so Saundra wouldn't have to stress should something happen to me! May she bask in God's love!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back