• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Generator Neutral/Ground Bonding plug

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Gronk Mike Sokol is considered THEE source for RV electric. Here is a link to one article and from there you should be able to find other articles and a link to Mike. Good luck

@Gronk Mike Sokol is considered THEE source for RV electric. Here is a link to one article and from there you should be able to find other articles and a link to Mike. Good luck

Hey @RandyB It is not that @Gronk and I have different view points. we just have wires crossed in communication. For this reason I spent some time looking things up, including looking at Gronks history, per website listed.
Where our wires are crossed is the grounding vs. bonding issue. To keep this thread useful I have looked up and referenced a couple more websites.
and

For the reference of the NEC I agree to drive a 8 even 4 foot grounding rod in a campsite is unacceptable. Portable generators don't exclude grounding requirements according to 250 in the NEC. In my book any method of obtaining a ground is better than none. My suggestion of 1 foot rod watered and kept wet is in fact a compromise. It does not meet code so to speak but reduces shock hazard just the same. I suggest laying the rod in the dirt rather than driving but a 1 or 2 foot rod can be removed like a tent stake can be removed, and if watered will produce a good ground. Because permenent ground rods are not kept wet one needs more rod to maintain a good ground.

When I say NEC does not exclude grounding requirements because we are connecting our house rather than connecting our devices directly to the generator as the only exclusion in the requirement for grounding I say does not exclude grounding.

I don't question @Gronk 's qualifications after knowing who I was talking to, I would have pulled up some sources for what I was saying earlier. For the record I was ready to quit this conversation at much the same time as we weren't getting anywhere.

Latest resources

Back