Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
My generator takes quite a while to start, always has, so thought it was normal. 20 to 30 seconds before it fires up, no problem except using AGS, it times out before it starts, it trys 4 times, but not long enough, is there a way to change the timer?

when you mean takes a long time, do you mean before it starts to crank or when it is in preheat ?

when you mean takes a long time, do you mean before it starts to crank or when it is in preheat ?
Preheat, after pre it fires right up

You can change the preheat time. If you have silver leaf it is on the generator pages on the touch display, other system have settings too, obviously in the winter you need added time. I think mine has always been set to ~10 seconds and the generator starts up normally within 2-4 seconds after the starter kicks in.
Dirty fuel or Air filter can have an effect. I had issues after running into some unexpected snow in early May this year on I-70 heading from Denver to Utah. Generator fuel filter gummed up from the low temp, I was not running winter mix in the fuel tank. Changing the fuel filter is not hard, just positioned in such a way on the QD12000 that you have to maneuver it out of the location - 15 min job.

We have Connected solutions, not silverleaf, new filters, just serviced, I will have to see how to change settings, nothing on my screen

Don't see any settings on CS for timer settings

Hummm. I don't know the system but i think on silverleaf it is on the “password protected” section of the menues. Might be the same for CS. I suspect some hunting around on forums specifically about the CS menus might find some help

Latest resources

Back