Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Francis

RVF Regular
I recently purchased a 2012 Coachman Concord there are four GFI outlets that are not working the breaker is on and live any thoughts

If they don't reset, replace! That is assuming no appliances are plugged in the string that may be tripping them.

Check the one in the bathroom. This has a rest, it controls the other GFI receptacles down the line.

Check the one in the bathroom. This has a rest, it controls the other GFI receptacles down the line.
What John said! I will add that most will have two GFIC devices. Typical locations will be kitchen area and bathroom area. This is a convenience thing rather than requirement! Any other GFIC receptacles are simply daisy chained off the masters.

there are four marked GFI receptacles one outside one bathroom one kitchen and one beside the stove top none of them have a reset button which I believe makes the breaker the GFI there is power there and it is a tandem sharing with the AC

If the breaker was GFIC it says so! I assume you turned the breaker off all the way to reset it.
Personally I have not seen a tandem GFIC breaker! Can't say they don't make them, just haven't seen them.

Due to the cost of such a monster, residential don't usually use them.

So make sure the breaker is reset, and check the recepts again. Then test all receptacles through the coach( this includes storage compartments).

Look behind anything the PO may have added. Some people don't think! If you find such a beast, not all is lost. Simply determine the next receptacle in line and move the GFIC to that location!

The tags simply imply that the receptacle that is labeled is a protected recept by a real GFCI recept or a GFCI breaker. The recept or breaker has a reset and test button. Sometimes, in RVs, the recepts are hidden fairly well. Many are mounted underneath things like cabinets. Some are inside a cabinet, under a sink or behind a door opening. All manufacturers are different. You could contact the manufacturer, but typically that is a waste of time. Searching is the only real way. Look in atypical spots. If you can imagine a daisy chain of recepts, then the GFCI would be the first one out from the breaker panel, assuming it does not have a GFCI breaker. So begin your search near the breaker panel.

FYI, one of my resets is a receptacle under the sink against the wall that my electrical towers plugs into. I have to take off a panel and lay on myside to get to it. Then I have one in the bathroom and last one under the dinette, which I have to take apart to get to it. It's so much fun trying to figure out which one it is if it's not the bathroom.

Latest resources

Back