RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford Raptor
While working on an issue with my Girard Nova awing, I discovered something new. In my 3/4 bay (same bay as the Oasis) on the passenger side are the two 110 volt Girard outlets and two white Girard control boxes, in close proximity. I removed one of the control boxes and noticed buttons on the top, similar to the remote. Two arrow buttons and a center button.

The awnings can be controlled from the buttons on the box. This is nice to know as sometimes it's a pain to run into the coach and get the remote or operate the awning from the overhead panel. Here is a photo of the buttons.....

20200103_145512.jpg

Yup, they mounted mine so close together I couldn't get to the bottom box. I remounted it lower. I also took the small remote and put velcro on the back so it sticks to the carpet in the bins. I keep it in the freezer bin or TV bin, whichever I have unlocked at the time.

I didn’t realize there were buttons there, thanks. I always in plug when we travel and never noticed. I put the remote in the outdoor TV compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back