Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

cathy_jarrett

RVF Newbee
we have a 2007 glacier bay 5th wheel with a cargo carrier at the bumper. of course there was no instruction manual and the company is no longer making campers. does anyone know how to extend this cargo carrier out so we can haul bikes on it? thanks in advance for any help

Welcome to RVF, @cathy_jarrett; glad to have you join us.

Could you provide some photos? That might help us help you. Since we are talking about a 13-year-old unit, there may not be much first-hand knowledge available here, but we have some great mechanical minds on board that may be able to help you figure it out if we had some photos. Close-ups of the attachment points to the trailer would be espeially useful.

TJ

Welcome @cathy_jarrett - great to have you join the super friendly group here. Please help spread the word and bring all of your RV friends along too. Welcome!

What I have done on one fiver was to get a long receiver tube and go through the middle of the bumper then tie the end to the frame rails. It worked great for double towing. This one (no reason to double tow now) I used a clamp on hitch and braced it with steel to the frame. I had a three wheeled bike and a two wheeled bike on there for two winters and have had no problems to date.

Latest resources

Back