• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Whetto

RVF Newbee
Hi ya'll,
I'm considering a 850 truck camper for my GMC AT4 2500HD standard sized bed truck. Lance says my truck is rated for an 850 but I'm interested in anyone's experience for this config/ combo? If you have this combo (or similar size pick-up) what mods did you make? Any regrets with this combo?

TIA 😁(y)

What's your payload capacity? Looks like the max for the truck is somewhere between 3700 and 4000 lbs (I assume that's with the gas engine). Looks like dry weight of that camper is 2700 lbs. Once you add 1000 lbs or so for gear, you can't put yourself or anyone or anything else in the truck. I think you might be pushing it with that camper. Would a lighter camper be an option?

I put this weight camper on my GM 2500 truck but needed to add a double leaf set of SuperSprings to safely manage the load. When in a turn there is more than half the weight carried by the outside springs and so reserve payload capacity is needed. It took me one hour to add the SuperSprings and did so with the truck on the ground.

The ride was the same with the camper out of the bed as the SuperSprings did not affect the overall ride. Nothing to adjust or maintain with the SuperSprings.

So as I understand, HD springs add 25% to a 2500. How much capacity do your super springs add?
Don't know if GM up sizes anything other than springs when they produce an HD!

Will anyone certify the increased weight capacity? If not you will get away with it until you have a mishap.

Latest resources

Back