Coachmen
RV Model
Freedom Express 192RBS
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Dodge POWER WAGON TOW
Fulltimer
No
Are Good Sam memberships worth it? They are pretty inexpensive, I get that, but I still would rather not spend money on something that isn't going to pay off. :)

Thanks.

You can find better prices than GS and they inflate the MSRP to make look like you get a better deal then you are. That said, if you were on the road and need something NOW it's the best place to check first. I drag my cord from my coach to the toad and destroyed it and found it while refueling. I jump in my toad and drive a few miles to CW and purchase for a couple of dollars more than Amazon but I needed it NOW.

Most RV'rs are Good Sam members as well as FMCA. Depending on what you are looking to do with camping there are other very useful groups like Escapees, etc.

The GS basic membership will get you access to the database and some campground discounts. The add-ons are typically just marketing tools. You need to read the fine print very closely. I tried their GS Road Service protection. When I tried to use it to replace a valve stem (noticed the leak at a campground, no miles driven on low tire) on the inside dual tire, the Road Service conversation quickly went to selling me new tires. Eventually I called a local truck service and paid out of pocket to get the valve replaced. Now I use Coach-Net for road service protection.

We are looking to ship our Motorhome to the USA for six months later this year, just wondered which if any climbs to join to get discounts on campsites as 180 nights will be expensive?

You can look into Passport America as a decent discount club. You get 50% off a night to as many as four nights with PA. Just make sure you look at their campground list and check what the restrictions are as to how many nights or when the discount is valid.

GS can save a little & PA will you some but Reserve America saves you more. That is the hookup to the National Parks, State Parks, BLM, Army Corps of Engineers etc, etc.
We actually use Park Advisor for more campground information since we are mostly East Coast migrants. We just ask about monthly when we call to make reservations. If no they doesn't work, we go for weekly and we are willing to swap sites if they have bookings. Being flexible is the key to no stress camping!

Latest resources

Back