Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Anyone using this?

If you still have a hard wire phone at home, here is a service that can save you a bunch. Having no commercial cell service at the RV park and our home as well, we have had to have a hard line phone from Frontier. It works some of the time, and some of the time it doesn't. But the bill is always the same, or about $160 a month. ($80.00 for each.)

I recently switched them both over to Google Voice, which for those who don't know, is a very cool Internet based phone service. If you have a google Workspace account, you can use it to port your hard line phone number to Google Voice. When complete, and using a browser based interface, you can set up a message for unanswered calls, forward the calls that come in on that number to your cell, or a dozen other phones, screen spam, etc. And it's basically free, except for the cost of having your Google Workspace account.

And it's super convenient as you can check your messages from your browser, phone app, or get them forwarded to a messenger account or your email. Or all the above. I didn't include a link, as there are so many different sources of info, so interested parties can do your own Google/DuckDuckGo search.

I used it for outgoing voip calls occasionally when the phone itself can't hit the tower or the phone is on a different carrier than the cell modem.

It can be a nice option to have to manage disruptions - having a junk phone number that can be used when a website “requires” a phone number.
Now the majority of those “junk” calls come in on that number and i can just ignore or silence those.
Similar to having a separate email account for junk purposes.
Also used for outgoing calls when concerned that the receiving business may capture the number and sell it.

I have to have a landline for my internet (DSL), so I use the landline for the Junk calls. We never answer it.

Used internet phone to call the states while cruising!
I still do, but I don't trust Google to handle it. My tablet has the Sim card, but my phones don't!!! I use the tablet as my wifi hotspot

I did at one time use voice, and it worked flawlessly!!!

If you would like to understand why some people use internet phones, I came across this the other day! May seem a little extreme, it does to me, but I like to understand how the world ticks.

Latest resources

Back