Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This area seems to be the most fringe yet or at least the biggest struggle with Internet. I'm probably at an advantage even due to this being off season and the CG is probably at 25% capacity so I'm not competing with the tower, at least among RVers as other areas are quite busy.
  • Sprint - roaming - unusable
  • AT&T - slow at around 1 MB/s
  • Verizon dare I say is the winner here but what's killing me is the prepaid side of the house. Good signal, no issue there, but speeds vary from 5-8 down to 0.8 which I believe is the prepaid back of the line situation going on.
All in all this is again useable Internet with no cellular boosting required thanks to the Pepwave setup which has been rock solid since Nov 2018.

This area seems to be the most fringe yet or at least the biggest struggle with Internet. I'm probably at an advantage even due to this being off season and the CG is probably at 25% capacity so I'm not competing with the tower, at least among RVers as other areas are quite busy.
  • Sprint - roaming - unusable
  • AT&T - slow at around 1 MB/s
  • Verizon dare I say is the winner here but what's killing me is the prepaid side of the house. Good signal, no issue there, but speeds vary from 5-8 down to 0.8 which I believe is the prepaid back of the line situation going on.
All in all this is again useable Internet with no cellular boosting required thanks to the Pepwave setup which has been rock solid since Nov 2018.

Welcome to my world. You can only imagine what it is like "in season". Until now you have been in some reasonably built up areas of the West. What you see now is more the normal in the intermountain West north through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington and Montana. These have been exactly the conditions I have been testing against during our multi year saga on iRV2 testing various solution. The only hope is StarLink. Come on Elon.

And now it seems astronomers are complaining that those satellites are going to affect their ability to stargaze.

And now it seems astronomers are complaining that those satellites are going to affect their ability to stargaze.

That's what Hubble and James Web telescope is all about. Looking at the stars from Earth is so 16th century. It will be quite a light show at night with 12,000 satellites moving around in LEO and my internet will be super fast.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back