Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lynnr321

RVF Newbee
We're buying a fifth wheel and considering a Grand Design 260rd. We have friends that have one and said they waited about a year for parts to come in, but wouldn't go into details. Before I buy, I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same thing? We're just going into retirement and I wouldn't want something like that to put us on the sidelines. So what's your experience with service on these and are there known issues with any parts shortages? Thanks in advance. Lynn

When was it that this happened to your friends? I’d say if it were in the last year, it was probably due to China shutting down for COVID. While most RVs are built stateside, they depend on thousands of parts from overseas. China has opened back up and I believe supply chains are starting to return to normal, but thats no promise for the future. These are pretty uncertain times and part of RVlife is being able to roll with the punches. More often than not, these parts shortages are for more minor things, rather than critical parts needed to keep you on the road and enjoying your unit.

They ordered last fall, but just got the parts now to make the repair. That could have a lot to do with it. The China shut down makes a lot of sense, unless others are talking about GD service issues here too and so far I haven't seen anything! Thanks so much for your insight!

Lynn, were your friends waiting on the dealer or GD? Our dealer has received parts in a timely manner and been upfront about times they expected. We have been happy with our purchase which took place in early August of this year. This may be moot however and you may have purchased already.

Latest resources

Back