Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Essentially near DFW airport - Starlink RV - no connectivity.

EDIT / UPDATE:

I talked to a coach with a dishy out and they reported good connectivity. I set mine up again this time using the flagpole buddy and I'm getting great speeds. My guess is that my assumption in that it only looked north west may be wrong. I set the dishy up yesterday using a tripod mount a few feet aft of my coach which has a clear view northwest. I'm guessing it saw my coach as an obstruction and didn't like it.

Also of note, I intended to take the dishy and put it on the roof using the tripod and not deal with the flagpole buddy. I used the sling that came with the pole adapter, bad idea, it fell out of the sling from the top of my ladder and shattered the corner of the dishy. I used white duct tape and it's working fine. Ego is damaged but it's working. So I'll be looking for the next iteration of dishy antenna whenever it comes out and replace it at that time. It seems SL is evolving these antennas so in time a newer version will come out.

File Oct 04 2022, 12 21 05 PM.png

IMG_4464.JPG
The tripod from SL I affixed to the roof has been removed. Now with flagpole buddy AND this incident I'm done with that option.

Last edited:
The Vineyards?

Why do you think that is?
I saw someone else on the Facebook Starlink group report the same thing a few days ago and don't know the outcome of that discussion. I can only speculate either Starlink doesn't need to be covering areas as dense as this, or it's a prioritization but I tend to doubt that as I can't see many in this area even needing or considering Starlink. There is someone else a few spots over with a SL dishy out, I'll see if I can catch them outside and ask if they have connectivity. Maybe it's something with my setup, I don't know.

Ouch on the drop, that looks bad. Glad its still working though, I have seen a lot of pics of damaged units still working, kind of amazing considering all the sensitive bits and bobs inside.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back