RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Micromini
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
The valves on both tanks will not pull open. Manual does not address this problem. They will not budge.

The seals can dry out on these if not used frequently and water flows over them. Spray the inside and outside with silicon and give it an hour to work in then try to rock them open. I'd suggest something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XL1GQ4/?tag=rvf01-20

If you can't massage them open they will need to be removed and serviced or probably replaced.

Welcome to RVF, @Rosie P; glad to have you here.

You received good advice from @VTPete; if the slide valves are not used fairly regularly, they can stick. While the silicone spray lube can work, I have used the old-fashioned, original WD-40 to unstick sewer valves; it seems to penetrate better than other sprays. Once you get the valves open, the silicone spray is an excellent way to keep them from sticking in the future.

Replacing the valves, if necessary, is usually not a hard job IF...big IF...the tanks are empty! If they are full, it can be a messy job. That's reason enough to use a penetrating lubricant spray to help get them open, even if you later replace the valves.

Good luck.

TJ

One more thing to make sure is that your t handles do not screw in to lock I had an older trailer that the handles screwed in about 3 to 5 turns you could see them move in or out as you did this.

Latest resources

Back