Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gw colo

RVF Newbee
looking for information on older lance models that will work with 8ft bed 3/4 ton pickup, that will need to tow a car trailer. so not a enormous overhang. went to lance site and it only supplies the new/newer models which are not, nor will be within our reach.. we are up grading. from our 1993 d350 w/1967 avion to a 2012 dodge and ? slide in camper.. trying price wise to stay 6000-12000 for the camper. have plenty of projects so just looking for upkeep and maintenance. if allowed .adding of our current longtime outfit. just sold the dodge. thanks for your time. gary
IMG_4160.JPG

1994 Lance SquireLite 185
It fits long & short bed trucks. It fit the budget . Of course it "didn't leak". So the front corner of the cabover was completely rebuilt. and all the leaky windows were pulled, painted and recaulked in (no butyl was used). It's no worse than other sticks & staples RVs. The thing is built out of 1X2, 2x2 and particle board gussets (one was completely rotted away). The Stabile Lift jack system is worth more than what was paid for the camper.

Camper sits in a 2004 or 2006 Ford F-250 with a standard bed (not my truck so I don't have to remember). I think it would travel better in a 350. Got 6mpg on the interstates when we were pushing hard to get someplace in a limited time. Use it to take the dog to the dog park in town and do our shopping. It gives the dog someplace to stay (the dog sits in the back with the fans going.... I added extra fans) and gives us a clean bathroom to use (public bathrooms in NM are not always clean or in working order). Gets 13mpg puttering around town.

I think my old jeep could be towed with no problem with the 250. But I added a 30" rear "porch" to the camper and we haven't checked to see how long of an extension would be needed to tow the jeep.

Latest resources

Back