RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
Hey, my hard drive on my laptop is not healthy. It is from a 10 year old computer and in the last week it has become really unstable. I have 7 years worth of pictures on it that I really want to save. I had over 1700 pictures on an SD card and when I tried to get some pictures off the hd it corrupted the card. Long story short,I pulled the hd and plugged it into an adapter so I could use another computer to read it. It will spin up to 100% and not slow down so I get the 'not responding' error. I really want to preserve the pictures. Last night in about three hours I managed to get 25 pictures off. Anyone have any ideas that may work?

I hate to say it, but once it gets that bad, you may be out of luck. There are data recovery services available, but they are not cheap.

Always, always, have to to three copies of important data on two to three different storage media.

All hard drives are almost guaranteed to die.

No, Neal, the reason I pulled it was to try to get the pictures off since the laptop wouldn't hardly do anything (15 minutes just to boot up). I was really hoping to get the pictures at least. The SD card is good and functional, but the drive is the problem.

Latest resources

Back