RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Expedition 38L
TOW/TOAD
JK Rubicon, KL Trailhawk
Fulltimer
No
The son in law and daughter of the founders of Escapees RV Club have sold (what appears to be) the Escapees and Xscapers membership data base to Harvest Hosts. Escapee mail forwarding, RV parks and SKP co-ops are not part of the deal. From my business experience, having been involved in acquisitions, mergers and consolidations, they are never good for the consumer! Watch for a ramped up email marketing campaign from Harvest Hosts/Boondockers Welcome!

I don’t understand this. They sold only their membership database? What does that give them? More email addresses to spam?

After much emotional reflection and heartfelt discussions about what is best for our members, we, the Carr family, are writing to inform you that the management and operations of Escapees RV Club’s membership, support services, educational programs, and events will be transitioning to the Harvest Hosts family. This transition excludes the Escapees Mail Service and Escapees RV Parks, which will remain under existing management and ownership.

Here is a link to the press release:

Maybe that is why I just got an email from Harvest Hosts with a discount to reactivate my membership.

Now listing they have over 9300 locations.

And a mail forwarding service…

Harvest Hosts is NOT acquiring the mail service. Escapees is keeping that and some other assets.

Harvest Hosts is NOT acquiring the mail service. Escapees is keeping that and some other assets.
Thanks for the correction - I mis-read the OP. My traveling habits have changed over the years and I’ve found that while HH is a great resource, they are no longer of use to me so I dropped my membership. These days Escapees looks to be more my style.

I don’t understand this. They sold only their membership database? What does that give them? More email addresses to spam?

The email marketing has begun! I've never, ever received email from Harvest Hosts before yesterday and then again this morning, offering a 25% discount if I sign up through Escapees. The emails highlight HH spots with electric, water and multiple nights..... I always though they were boondocking for one night only? Time to adjust spam filters!

Latest resources

Back