Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
Off we go again. This is a long weekend trip to the races. We are somewhat NASCAR fans and it is a good reason to head out somewhere. I learned a lot from my trip to Daytona on the safety practices in place for Covid-19. I was impressed so this trip I’m bringing Twila. We were lucky to be picked. The way it works is, you have to buy your tickets then when it gets closer to the race they pick 6700 people that can attend the race. They are only allowed 7% capacity of the speedway. Then they assign you seats, you cannot pick them and the reason is to insure social distancing. The nice thing is if you bought 4 tickets together you all sit together. The seats they give you are equal to or better then the price you paid. For example: I paid $75 per seat, but the seats they gave me are $200 seats.

Another thing is you get to park near the gate you enter. Little walking..

We will be staying at the Yates Family Campground. No frills, but very nice people. This use to be the Yates Farm until most of the land was bought for parking for the speedway in it‘s hay day. This Is Robert Yates ( well known in Nascar) families farm. The nephew that has it now will actually go and walk you pet for you while your at the races if you want. He only takes cash or check and if you forget to bring either, he just says no problem just mail it when you get home. His prices are about 1/3-1/4 the price of anyone around too.
. D26A830F-451A-4BF2-B3BE-15F902B5F497.pngEA1720AF-DF47-4CC0-BB7A-8509CCBDEB91.jpeg

Sounds awesome! We live near Atlanta Motor Speedway and can hear the racing depending on the wind. Love that sound!

Latest resources

Back