Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
On the way to the Keys we thought to tryout another Encore Resort, Miami Everglades RV Resort. Still on the Fence with Thousand Trails and Encore membership. Heard lots of chatter both ways on this, however, for Full Timers, this model makes some sense.
For us, dropping $1000 for an Encore/TT membership just does not seem to make sense right now. I'll talk to the office when we arrive to see what the current pitch is...:)

@Joe Hogan joe I’d tell you forget that place and go stay at Everglades Isle. It’s on the water and it’s really nice. Have some friends that stayed there a few weeks ago and they were ecstatic with the stay. I know @J&JD have been there and I believe they enjoyed it. Another place I told them about was yacht haven in Ft Lauderdale. I believe they liked It as well. Getting a reservation is not trivial right now. Since you live in Florida you can wait for the madness to die down.

TT is definitely not right for everyone. I am full time and don’t have a “base” home. All in I paid about $9,000.00 for membership and included the Encore parks. Renewal yearly has cost about $1,000.00 a year. Last year I figured it up and if I had paid $50.00 per night somewhere else I would have paid over $24,000.00 more than my total TT / Encore membership.

Not all parks are updated, not all parks are dumps. I have never felt unsafe or didn’t have something to do. I don’t put that much into where I am parked. I go into the local area have fun and learn things.

It’s right for me.

@Joe Hogan joe I’d tell you forget that place and go stay at Everglades Isle. It’s on the water and it’s really nice. Have some friends that stayed there a few weeks ago and they were ecstatic with the stay. I know @J&JD have been there and I believe they enjoyed it. Another place I told them about was yacht haven in Ft Lauderdale. I believe they liked It as well. Getting a reservation is not trivial right now. Since you live in Florida you can wait for the madness to die down.
Everglades Isle was one of our favorite stops in Florida. It is a top notch park, very welcoming, and the area was peaceful, and uncrowded compared to other parts of Florida we visited. Judy D

Everglades Isle looks like a wonderful stop. It is definitely worth a stop. Thanks

Well you guys were correct on the Encore Everglades RV “resort”. As soon as we pulled in I realized we had been here before and were disappointed. Too crowded too tight dirt sites For $100/nt. Interactions with the office goes through a Corporate office somewhere. 9-5 office hours. holidays off

always I am reminded why we don’t visit So Florida much. You have to be so careful where you go and what you’re being charged.

Exactly. But there are a few good ones.

We went into southwestern Burbs of Miami for some provisions. We are not prepared for this urban environment!!! Cars stacked in line for parking spaces, endless horns, no english. We live a sheltered life😱

Miami has changed so much from what I remember

1701547498041.png

Latest resources

Back