• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

redcrawl

RVF Newbee
Hello everybody!

My wife and I recently purchased a 2004 Coachmen Aurora. We have not taken it on very many trips but on our last trip I drove it for the first time at night. I was blown away at how dim the headlights were so I just recently upgraded the halogen bulbs to LEDs. They are much, much brighter.

The other night I started the engine and noticed that the headlights came on all by themselves, even though the switch was off. Maybe this was always the case like some sort of daytime running light feature, but I had never noticed it before. Does anyone else have this model and know if the headlights stay on if the engine is running? If that’s not the case any ideas what could’ve happened? All I did was change out the bulbs. Thank you.

DRLs (day light Running Lights) have been around for awhile. Typically in early iterations the MFG just used a low voltage circuit to power the headlights during the day and a Full 12v when headlights selected to be "on".
Most LED light bulb will accommodate the low voltage circuit.

Last edited:
Could your coach have come from Canada. I think but not 100% sure that RV’s are modified to have DRL to get into Canada where it is law to have them.

We just leave the switch on Auto and when it’s dark the headlights come on.

WE have a 2007 Encore 40TS and the driving lights come on whenever we are moving. I mention moving because they do not come on until I put it in gear.

Latest resources

Back