Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Artie

RVF Newbee
Purchased a tiffin midas about a month ago. Several issues out of the gate. This vehicle was a prototype this year and even folks at tiffin are struggling to answer me. Appear to be 3 heat ducts. One in rear bedroom pushing little heat
One in bathroom again little heat one outside bathroom in front part of coch no heat. Not mechanically inclined but took bead apart vent in bathroom. Seems duct t’s off furnace which I would think greatly reduces airflow. Straightened out as best I could but very poor forced hot air. Sent photo to my rv mechanic he feels ducts too small? Furnace works fine any help appreciated

Purchased a tiffin midas about a month ago. Several issues out of the gate. This vehicle was a prototype this year and even folks at tiffin are struggling to answer me. Appear to be 3 heat ducts. One in rear bedroom pushing little heat
One in bathroom again little heat one outside bathroom in front part of coch no heat. Not mechanically inclined but took bead apart vent in bathroom. Seems duct t’s off furnace which I would think greatly reduces airflow. Straightened out as best I could but very poor forced hot air. Sent photo to my rv mechanic he feels ducts too small? Furnace works fine any help appreciated
Artie, I have been looking to purchase a 2023 Midas and have wondered about heating the RV during winter travel. Your post has given me some concern. Have yo, or do you, use it in the winter cold? Have you gotten the heat worked out? I'm in Michigan and we travel in the winter, sometimes. Our Roadtrek has kept us warm but it's getting old. Apprecaite anything you can pass on, good or bad. The new 24 MT is on the assembly line for viewing next month.

Might also look for debris in the ducting, I found a ton of construction junk and insulation in the duct on my previous coach, and a year later a mouse nest in a duct. Neither one did much for heat distribution!

Sorry for the delayed response, bit of surgery got in my way. Started this rv thing 4 years ago. Between cancer and covid i would no longer fly. Made my fair share of mistakes along the way. Used class c, b, new class c, and another. fortunately was relatively whole until i traded my last one in on the Midas. When this vehicle started showing up online i was very interested. As i had said it was introduced as a prototype and doing some searching there were differences in vehicles on dealer lots. Dealer i bought from was a bit surprised when i pointed some things out For instance mine has a slide under the bench seat that makes a single bed. Many did not. i believe the 23's do not have this. There were some other nuances between vehicles. For the sake of brevity I will tell you what i like and what i'm a bit disappointed in.
The storage in this vehicle both inside and out is fantastic. It was a major selling point. I wanted the transit chassis with awd. just wanted the ability to pull into any mehanic across the country if i needed work done and not have push back. I did not want slides. I like the bed configuration. Easy to get in and out as well as make. Fuel economy is eh at best, but not disappointing. Plenty of pep to tackle hills. Ride is fairly nice and not too noisy. Many have commented about the bench seat being useless or wanting to change it. I had a lagun table mounted so i could eat there and i find after a day on the road i'll sit there pretty regularly. The new configuration is a bit different. It is a very nimble comfortable vehicle to drive. Most materials are fairly upscale and well done. I'm not a foodie or cook so had no need for more than one burner. the sink is amply deep. Although not for all i really appreciate the layout.

so now the not so good. I will not mention previous new rv's, but fairly recognized as a lower end manufacturer. As i used these i found materials and build quality to be cheap. this was going to nag at me so i decided to move to a higher end coach. I spent a good day at the dealer taking care of some add ons and some issues. When i left i knew there were some things that still needed to be tended to. The light master for bathroom worked, but the switch in the bathroom would not turn the shower light on. (on going). The back wall of the bathroom it seems had excess material so you could literally push it in and out. A hinge on the rear hatch started working its way out of the fiberglass. When i left the dealer i had expressed that some of the lower outside hatches would not close properly. I was told to push gently on these. The literature calls them slam latches hmmmm. There was a leak behind the outside shower when i hooked up city water. Of course there was the aforementioned heat. My mechanic put an additional duct in which pushes heat, but currently the bathroom and forward duct do not provide heat.

As i stated earlier I knew this was a prototype. I believe it was brought to market too quickly. The spyder control lists wayfarer. it does not control furnace or ac although the literature states it does. My previous rv (transit) had adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. Again literature suggested it was there, but was not. Storage walls in compartments were not well attached, if at all. I'm not handy, but i can use a staple gun. I think overall it is my frustration on a higher end coach to have many of these issues. I have been working through many of these and yes i would purchase again, just wish more care and detail went into the construction. I know there are many that will say it is Thor. I don't believe that to be the case. Just wish folks would take more pride in their work. I will move through all of these issues and i believe at the end of the day I'll really like the rig. I'm just a regular guy with not great mechanical skills that really just wants to use it. Will be interesting to see how Tiffin responds as my mechanic has reached out to them and we have yet to hear back.

One last question for you. I cannot find any info on the 23mt. Curious as to the layout. Hope this was somewhat helpful and i'm reasonably sure many issues will be worked out with newer models
All the best
Art

So very sorry that you're having issues with a new Midas. The 24MT is being introduced at the Tampa Show this month. I've been told it will be the same layout. The one change is an option to have a 12V fridge. I have spoken to Mark Richardson with Inside Sales (256) 356-8661‬‬‬, ext 2211 and he has been very helpful. I have not heard from him in a couple weeks now. Maybe his job was cut. Tiffin, just before Christmas, let about 30% of their workforce go. So, expect some slow down. Just curious, where do you live? This forums has me as a newbie BUT I've been RV'ing since 1982 and camping longer than that. LOL
Pray you get to traveling and get HEALTTHY as well. May you and yours have a great New Year! Bob

So very sorry that you're having issues with a new Midas. The 24MT is being introduced at the Tampa Show this month. I've been told it will be the same layout. The one change is an option to have a 12V fridge. I have spoken to Mark Richardson with Inside Sales (256) 356-8661‬‬‬, ext 2211 and he has been very helpful. I have not heard from him in a couple weeks now. Maybe his job was cut. Tiffin, just before Christmas, let about 30% of their workforce go. So, expect some slow down. Just curious, where do you live? This forums has me as a newbie BUT I've been RV'ing since 1982 and camping longer than that. LOL
Pray you get to traveling and get HEALTTHY as well. May you and yours have a great New Year! Bob
i'm not real religious in getting back to these forums so i apologize. thanks for the well wishes and happy new year to you and yours as well. going back couple of posts the heat duct is a design flaw. wish i could clean out ducts not so easy. i hail from the great state of NJ.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back