Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

candjskinsfan

RVF Regular
Have bought a 2021 jayco eagle ht mb31. Having issues with my furnace. Lights and blows warm from the floor vents . The jayco command app has only on and then low fan speed which turns on the ac fan in the ceiling. Shuts off after alittle while running . Was thinking it should heat my rv without trouble but..... any tricks I need to know . Could it be the battery's. I'm hooking to 30 amp service btw .

That's the rv

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_184528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_184528_Chrome.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 2
Need more info. Is it in fact lighting and blowing hot air? Does it run until the thermostat is satisfied? Batteries must be strong for the furnace. Check that voltage does not drop below 12v when it is running. It should run down to 10.5v but that would indicate a problem.

Need more info. Is it in fact lighting and blowing hot air? Does it run until the thermostat is satisfied? Batteries must be strong for the furnace. Check that voltage does not drop below 12v when it is running. It should run down to 10.5v but that would indicate a problem.
Yes it lights and blows hot air from the floor vents. But when I use the jayco app it has no fan settings except the air conditioner low setting. It runs for awhile then shuts off . So was thinking not enough juice even though I'm plugged into a 30 amp service

There should be an auto setting on the wall. Forget the app. The furnace is run thru the AC (12v dcv) to prevent them both running at the same time. It is not the 30 amp plug in but the condition of the batteries and the convertor. The furnace is entirely 12v DC. Low voltage causes many problems. Yes the High limit could be defective also, more rare I would say. IF voltage drops, the fan speed is reduced and this makes the sail switch fail, same result. Defective thermostat can do the same thing.

Probably the batteries need replaced . The wall controller has no auto setting . It just says furnace mode on . That's it. But im gonna buy 2 new deep cycle batteries in the morning. And see what happens we are getting ready to go on a long road trip if I can get it working. Thanks so much

It says auto on the wall but isn't that for the air only or is like a heat pump I have in my home. The furnace and air work.together ?

It is a common complaint that the air fan comes on when the furnace runs. Auto setting prevents that.
And yes, they share 12v power within the thermostat and the control box in the AC unit.

It is a common complaint that the air fan comes on when the furnace runs. Auto setting prevents that.
And yes, they share 12v power within the thermostat and the control box in the AC unit.
Thank you! I just picked up a 2019 Freedom Express 246RKS ultra lite. Every time I turned on the thermostat it would blow warm air from the brown lower vents and outside ambient air from the white roof vents. After reading your post, I set it to auto and it works properly.

Latest resources

Back