Chassis
Like rectanglar. Steel. 2 axle, 3500lb each
Engine
It has no engine. It's a Travel Trailer
TOW/TOAD
it weighs just under 5500 unloaded
Fulltimer
No
Howdy! I purchased my wife a travel trailer that I haul behind an old truck I had to purchase specifically for that task. Between the truck and the trailer, I'm very busy with maintenance but my wife really likes it so there you go.

This "rvforums.com" looks fairly geared towards RV only, though I see a few trailer forums in it. The profile questions are all RV based. Hopefully I can get maintenance tips and suggestions for trailers as well, learn new tricks, or maybe I can be pointed to a more appropriate forum. I use forums like this for all my vehicles and contribute when I can, so I look forward to seeing what I can see here.

"Beautiful Warren MI" is a bit tongue in cheek - it's an urban/industrial area near Detroit, but we camp all around Michigan, including the Upper Peninsula. As well as Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Wisconsin thus far. But gas (diesel) prices, strangely high campground prices, and maintenance time/costs put a bit of a damper on doing it more.

-Jeff

Welcome from Dallas GA. What brand camper do you have. Make sure to look at the different brand forums as well. I think there are several TT owners here as well as fifth wheel owners.

Yes, upkeep can be a lot at times but to me that’s just part of it. Enjoy your travels.

Welcome from Wisconsin.

Howdy! I purchased my wife a travel trailer that I haul behind an old truck I had to purchase specifically for that task. Between the truck and the trailer, I'm very busy with maintenance but my wife really likes it so there you go.

This "rvforums.com" looks fairly geared towards RV only, though I see a few trailer forums in it. The profile questions are all RV based. Hopefully I can get maintenance tips and suggestions for trailers as well, learn new tricks, or maybe I can be pointed to a more appropriate forum. I use forums like this for all my vehicles and contribute when I can, so I look forward to seeing what I can see here.

"Beautiful Warren MI" is a bit tongue in cheek - it's an urban/industrial area near Detroit, but we camp all around Michigan, including the Upper Peninsula. As well as Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Wisconsin thus far. But gas (diesel) prices, strangely high campground prices, and maintenance time/costs put a bit of a damper on doing it more.

-Jeff
Welcome to RVforums. Give us a chance you will like it here. There are many many posts on the travel trailers and 5ers. Yes maintenance is an ongoing thing when you are dragging a house around the country. I do all of our maintenance and repairs as well. Aside from having an engine to deal with really house repairs are similar in all RVs. Again Welcome from Ely, Iowa. Safe travels. Remember "happy wife happy life"

-Jeff
Good morning and welcome.
RV is an all inclusive term (Recreational Vehicle) not just motorhomes. Travel trailers, 5th wheels, truck campers, camping trailers (pop up) Van conversions are all RVs.
It's a huge family and growing every day.
We do loans and service contracts.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Welcome from Dallas GA. What brand camper do you have. Make sure to look at the different brand forums as well. I think there are several TT owners here as well as fifth wheel owners.
I just looked and I guess no forum on that brand yet (Prime Time RV Tracer 2670BHS). But they are all so cross-branded I'm sure there's one that's close/the same.
Remember "happy wife happy life"
"happy wife happy life" indeed. Her trailer for sure, I'm just the mechanic lol.
RV is an all inclusive term (Recreational Vehicle) not just motorhomes. Travel trailers, 5th wheels, truck campers, camping trailers (pop up) Van conversions are all RVs.
I guess I associated "RV" as having an engine. Thanks for the clarification.

-Jeff
Kinda new here myself,,, but like you I like good information for better decisions.. Most RV questions are in the same camp whether you're drivin it, totin' it on a bed, or dragin it. All i can say is Toss out your questions, see what the Ether returns

Latest resources

Back