22E
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy 3500
Engine
6.6L
TOW/TOAD
n/a
Just joined as a new member from southern California. I am not a full timer, but will probably travel for 9 months a year. Used to camp with a truck with camper shell, then had a 38' class A for a while. Recent trips include 3 weeks to 21 california missions and 6 weeks through route 66 from kingman to St Louis, made me realize if I want to "see" America, I need to have a small class C to travel around non-stop. Join here to see what kind of problems other RVers run into that I need to watch out and find solutions if I ever run into, and where are the fun places things are I need to visit. Look forward to hear from everyone.

Just joined as a new member from southern California. I am not a full timer, but will probably travel for 9 months a year. Used to camp with a truck with camper shell, then had a 38' class A for a while. Recent trips include 3 weeks to 21 california missions and 6 weeks through route 66 from kingman to St Louis, made me realize if I want to "see" America, I need to have a small class C to travel around non-stop. Join here to see what kind of problems other RVers run into that I need to watch out and find solutions if I ever run into, and where are the fun places things are I need to visit. Look forward to hear from everyone.
Welcome aboard. You will find most folks here are pretty friendly and knowledgably.

A small class C will help you get around but so will a larger RV. If you are planning to spend a lot of time in your RV please just make sure it is comfortable and large enough so you wont be climbing the walls if you get stuck in a bout of inclement weather.

We have been full timing for over six years now. We use a small (28 foot) class A and tow a 2 door Wrangler. Our needs are well met as the class A gives us more storage space than a C and for two people and a small dog we are comfortable year round.
I believe that you will find having a toad will give you a lot more freedom to get out and about rather than having to break camp even just to go shopping if that is part of your plan with the C.

Our travels have taken us across Canada visiting nine of the ten provinces. We have been to forty five of the lower forty eight plus a few forays into Mexico.

Prior to COVID we did not have a set itinerary. We would just travel on a whim. Now it seems you have to book a couple of months ahead so one needs a static game plan. It is slowly getting better as we are finding COVID campers are losing interest now. We try to avoid big cities as most seem to be alike. There are exceptions of course. A few notable places come to mind. We loved San Francisco and even L A had it;s plusses. New Orleans, Savannah Georgia, D C, and New York are musts in our opinion. We avoid interstates if possible 'cause the slow road seems to have more interesting places to visit. We can honestly say that we do not have a place that we would be rate number one. No matter where we have been, we have found interesting places, beautiful scenery and have met some amazing people.
I will say that, in our opinion, Texas has the most polite people! Is it because everyone is packing and no one dares be rude? :) Oh ya, they have some of the best BBQ too! Missouri has the most laid back people and New Yorkers all seem to be in a tizzy never slowing down.

I hope you will enjoy your travels and don't hesitate to ask questions. As well, it is expected that you share your wealth of info as well when you can.

Safe travels

Darrell

I will say that, in our opinion, Texas has the most polite people! Is it because everyone is packing and no one dares be rude?
Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Thank you for your welcomes. You are so warm and friendly. Look forward to hearing from you.

Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa. Good luck with your search

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back