Georgieboy

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Georgieboy
RV Model
Pursuit 3500
RV Length
Hello, my name is Danny. My Wife and I have been camping all our Married lives (50 years) from Motorcycle Tent camping to Van camping, to Popups.
A few self contained pull behind and 2 years ago went to our first Motorhome. A 2004 Georgieboy 35' in Great condition with only 16K on the clock.
I have made some suspension upgrades on the F53 chassis that have made it a pleasure to drive and we are satisfied owning an Older Coach.
I am always learning new things and look forward to learning and sharing on this site.

Welcome to RVForums Danny and your wife. It's great to have experienced RVers such as yourself here to share all that you've learned over the years. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your adventures.

Welcome @Georgieboy, hope you get a lot of use out of that coach. Looking to hear what else you upgrade on her in the future.

Welcome!

Hi, Danny. Welcome to RVF. Glad to have you join us here.

TJ

Welcome to RVForums Danny and your wife. It's great to have experienced RVers such as yourself here to share all that you've learned over the years. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your adventures.
Thanks

Hi Georgieboy. I assume the suspension upgrades included the CHF? I had a 2004 Windsport awhile back and it handled poorly. I did the CHF and suddenly it drove like a new coach.

Welcome to the RVForums!

Hey Jim, Yes I did the CHF front and rear and it made a huge difference. I also added SUMO Springs front and rear, and this made an even more improvement to handling and ride quality. I added a front steering stabilizer and a good front end alignment which made another noticeable improvement. The coach no longer wanders, stays straight going down the road with little to no push from wind or passing Big trucks. I am very pleased with the ride and handling.
The V10 has plenty of power to pull us through pretty good grades with no problems. Being a 2004 I have the 4 speed tranny that works fine, but I wish I had the 5 speed that came out in 2005/2006. I think it would possibly give me a little more fuel economy.
I would recommend the upgrades that I have made as I have very noticeable positive results from all of them.

Reactions: Jim
Chevy or Ford V-10?

Mine was a Ford, same 4-speed tranny. But I live in the mountains and have to pull 8% grades all the time. What's worse is going DOWN those 8% grades with no engine brake. o_O I had worked like a dog to update mine. Upgraded LED lighting, new hardwood floors, new faucets, new furniture and captain chairs, etc., etc. But it just didn't work out and I had to have a diesel.

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• DSC00963.JPG
    DSC00963.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC01706.JPG
    DSC01706.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC01783.JPG
    DSC01783.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 13
Status