Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RitaLC

RVF Regular
Hello, I have a question. We purchased a used RV. I have cleaned it, cleaned the furniture the floors, everywhere ! I cannot get an awful antibiotic ( amoxicillin) out of the RV. It’s frustrating and intolerable to be in. I haven’t cleansed the ceiling. But everything else has been cleansed and sanitized and it still smells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

How do you associate the smell with antibiotics?

I am a nurse and I have smelled many antibiotics. I was giving my grandson Amoxicillin on a trip, I did not spill any and the sheets have been washed numerous times. I wonder if it’s the ceiling. It just smells awful. I put Lavender ( strong sacks) and the nasty odor remains. Is there any type of “ detail business” for RVs? Thank you

You might rent an ozone generator and see if that helps.

Hi and Welcome to RVforums. Wipe down the ceiling. Granulated Charcoal in dishes place around also fresh coffee grounds in cups around in the rig. Open everything up and air it out.

I know you say antibiotic and I am not doubting yo9ur knowledge so don't take this that way. Check to make sure the the suter vents for the sinks are working properly? Located under the sinks. I bring this up as we had this issue when we first got our rig

Hi and Welcome to RVforums. Wipe down the ceiling. Granulated Charcoal in dishes place around also fresh coffee grounds in cups around in the rig. Open everything up and air it out.

I know you say antibiotic and I am not doubting yo9ur knowledge so don't take this that way. Check to make sure the the suter vents for the sinks are working properly? Located under the sinks. I bring this up as we had this issue when we first got our rig
That sir is a great response!

When someone is sick they cast off any meds they are given. Through the skin, mucus, and any other port known in man!

In a standard form of housing,the drain is a drain! In a RV what is flushed is held!!!

Cleaning thoroughly the gray and black tanks may be in order!

Oh thank you! What great ideas!!!! Awesome’

That sir is a great response!

When someone is sick they cast off any meds they are given. Through the skin, mucus, and any other port known in man!

In a standard form of housing,the drain is a drain! In a RV what is flushed is held!!!

Cleaning thoroughly the gray and black tanks may be in order!
Yes sir, I have narrowed it down to the tanks’. Thank you very much!!! And I like the idea of having charcoal placed throughout the RV! Thanks!

Latest resources

Back