Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
so as many know I am living full time in my travel trailer in a relatives driveway.

for the first time in need to drain my tanks, my relatives home has a clean out right next to where I am parked however it is an older home and the clean out appears to be 2", I have the Valterra SS01 RV SewerSolution Drainage Kit, which had a threaded adapter for 3"-6" clean outs.

I can't find a 3" to 2" adapter anywhere, I took the clean out threaded cap, and tried several hardware stores, looked online, not finding what I need.

any ideas?

Go to a real plumbing supply store - not a hardware store. Stores like Ace will have minimal ABS stuff and even Home Depot will only have stuff common to current building trends. But a good plumbing supply house will have it and they‘ll be able to set you up quickly. What town or city are you near?

thanks that won't work, the clean out on the house is threaded on the inside, so I need something that is threaded on the inside for the drain hose and on the outside for the house cleanup.

similar to this, but this is the wrong size:

Go to a real plumbing supply store - not a hardware store. Stores like Ace will have minimal ABS stuff and even Home Depot will only have stuff common to current building trends. But a good plumbing supply house will have it and they‘ll be able to set you up quickly. What town or city are you near?
thanks, I am near Los Angeles,

there are a few Ferguson Plumbers Warehouse's around the area.

So
male = thread outside
Female = thread inside. Very gender specific!!!

You may not find an adapter but with a little imagination, and a couple of fitting you can build what you need!!!! The following link can help. Or your local hardware store should be able to supply what you need.

well I couldn't find what I needed, I rigged something up that worked, mostly.

called a contractor buddy who came out and with the home owner we agreed he is going to install a direct sewage drain from the trailer to the main line under the home at my expense, this way there is no chance of back flush into the home, plus it will have the 3" connection I need and be below grade for gravity flow, as the existing clean out is almost level with the trailer (comes out one of the house vents) and it took nearly 4 hours to drain the black and grey tanks due to no real gravity flow.

$2,000 I don't really have to spend, but it would be 2.5 times that through a plumber vs my friend and 2 these people are helping me out and letting me park the RV here for free (well I have to pay for my electric) and I do not want to create any issues with their home plumbing trying this again.

Get a macerator pump and adapt it to a standard hose fitting on the house. Lots cheaper.
yup - Flo-jet. $300 now but still a lot cheaper and its portable so you can use it anywhere.

Wait until you have a full grey tank then dump the black first and flush with the grey just like at a camp ground and the unit will be rinsed enough to easily clean up and put away until the next time.

I wouldn’t spend money modifying someone else’s sewer system and for what you are describing, even $2000 sounds way over-priced.

Edit: $257 on Amazon
IMG_2701.jpeg

Latest resources

Back