Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Karen079

RVF Newbee
Hello all! I've just purchased this older trailer, Clubman Lunar which I can't find parts for!
While transiting from the seller to home the cargo door blew off, we went back and found only one piece which was no help at all. Any way I would appreciate any ideas you may have to fix this issue. The missing door is curved, both horizontally & vertically. I live in UAE and we don't have professional RV repairs available here. I am open to any and all suggestions! I had thought of adding a wooden box of sorts to cover it but waterproof (not that we get rain here) as well as zero functionality, I thought perhaps some of you had better ideas. As it is an old camper we had planned on only renovating (diy) the interior so cost is important as is time with the caning season about to begin here! I've attached a few photos! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20220909_140403.jpg
    20220909_140403.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220909_140328.jpg
    20220909_140328.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220909_140413.jpg
    20220909_140413.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
And it just has to be front and center! You can keep an eye out for a parts camper somewhere, but that could take years, if ever.
I'd suggest trying to find someone familiar with fiberglass auto bodywork. It'll take some trial fitting and adjusting, but a heavy wire frame could be bent up and welded in the basic shape you want, then lay fiberglass cloth and resin over it until you get closer with the shape details. Then, it's a long sanding process, perhaps with some finishing putty and hi-fill primer, before you final paint it.
It can be done, but it'll be a relatively long and tedious process.
I built a custom fan shroud for a car that was having overheating issues using much the same process.

Roger

Latest resources

Back