Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Drkbadger

RVF Regular
HELP! So we have been traveling for a good week now. All the way in tombstone az. We’re boondocking. But we need help. An unexpected tire blowout costed us $450 and we won’t have money till Jan now. We need some work. Or a place to hookup. Any ideas? We’re new to this. Can contact me at [email protected] if you have any info that can help us. We’re kinda stuck out here now.

Drkbadger,
I think you just learned an expensive lesson, unfortunately. RV's will break and you WILL need some money or a credit card to put emergency repairs on at one time or another. Having absolutely no money and no way to move for a month is not a situation I would want to find myself in more than once. I suggest getting a credit card to stick in your wallet just for unexpected repairs. If you get one with no annual fee it will cost you nothing if you don't use it.

It is good to carry some emergency cash, as well. I went off the road in a snow storm (car) once and the tow truck guy only took cash.

Good credit is the difference between an emergency and a hiccup. I learned that solid point in the 16yrs of homeownership and business management.

Jan isn't far off. Boondock for a couple of weeks.

Well I wish I was as rich as all of you. I got no good info from anyone. Just feel like I’m an idiot. Not everyone has good credit. I know for a fact there are places out there to stay and work it off. And free places. We have actually found a few free places. Not only did our tire go out our genny went out too. So we just bought one of those so now we can boondock. Unfortunately Texas doesn’t seem to have a lot of places to do that. Just farm land EVERYWHERE.

Latest resources

Back