• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

subtech769

RVF Newbee
Hey all,

So my AC when powered on, just hums (compressor) and no fan comes on.i replaced the capacitor, and that fixed the issue for about 10 minutes. Back to same issue.

Tech came out, barely touched the wiring, and it worked - so he insisted it wasn't anything major needing to be replaced. Of course shortly after he left the same problem occured, and now he won't reply to me lol.

Fan blade spins freely. There are two capacitors, one black and one silver, the silver being the run capacitor, and the black being a start capacitor I believe for the compressor.

Does this sound like a control board issue? Anything I can double check?

Thank you for any input or advice - it's starting to get real hot here in the desert and I am desperate to get it fixed.

How old is your AC system? Could be a bad compressor that simply will not spin.

Rick

Could be low voltage and the circuit or supply can not provide the starting current. Correctly one needs to measure the starting current and running current and voltage at the compressor. As to the fan, there is a starting capacitor on most of these. Clean and check all of the connections being careful to have the power off and do only one connection at a time ensuring the connection is clean and solid.

Could be low voltage and the circuit or supply can not provide the starting current. Correctly one needs to measure the starting current and running current and voltage at the compressor. As to the fan, there is a starting capacitor on most of these. Clean and check all of the connections being careful to have the power off and do only one connection at a time ensuring the connection is clean and solid.
The compressor runs fine though, would current at the compressor effect the fan spinning? The capacitors are new, and I've de termed and re termed the wires multiple times, inspecting the crimps, insuring that the connections are solid. I'm thinking that the fan motor is bad but I'm not sure how to be positive.

Latest resources

Back