RV Year
RV Make
KZ
RV Model
Sportsmen 321
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Bumper pull
Greetings everyone, my wife and I just purchased our first travel trailer. It’s a 2012 KZ Sportsmen 321 bunkhouse with two slide outs; bought it on a private sale. We live just outside of Athens, Georgia. I’ll be pulling it with my 1997 Ford F-350 7.3 power stroke, seemed to do just fine on the way back home from purchasing it. We are looking forward to starting our camping adventures with our 1 year old son and two dogs. Please don’t hesitate to share any useful tips, tricks, or any other helpful information. Jake

Welcome. That truck you won’t even notice it’s back there so be careful. Once again, welcome aboard!

Welcome @Huntinjake_23 to the group, lots of COE parks in the southeast to camp near lakes

Greetings everyone, my wife and I just purchased our first travel trailer. It’s a 2012 KZ Sportsmen 321 bunkhouse with two slide outs; bought it on a private sale. We live just outside of Athens, Georgia. I’ll be pulling it with my 1997 Ford F-350 7.3 power stroke, seemed to do just fine on the way back home from purchasing it. We are looking forward to starting our camping adventures with our 1 year old son and two dogs. Please don’t hesitate to share any useful tips, tricks, or any other helpful information. Jake
Welcome!! My fathers F250/1996/7.3 never noticed his 32' trailer was attached; my wife/kids used it a lot after his passing years back. My only suggestion-DON'T WAIT! If you can go-GO and show the boy the country. He'll be grown next time you turn around--believe me, my 3 sons are!

Greetings everyone, my wife and I just purchased our first travel trailer. It’s a 2012 KZ Sportsmen 321 bunkhouse with two slide outs; bought it on a private sale. We live just outside of Athens, Georgia. I’ll be pulling it with my 1997 Ford F-350 7.3 power stroke, seemed to do just fine on the way back home from purchasing it. We are looking forward to starting our camping adventures with our 1 year old son and two dogs. Please don’t hesitate to share any useful tips, tricks, or any other helpful information. Jakcongrats!

Congrats! We are big fans of camping away from RV parks. Therefore we have solar panels on our RV. Located in Idaho we don’t need AC and cannot run the microwave, otherwise it keeps our batteries charged for all other power uses. If you don’t have them I highly recommend adding them.

Welcome!! My fathers F250/1996/7.3 never noticed his 32' trailer was attached; my wife/kids used it a lot after his passing years back. My only suggestion-DON'T WAIT! If you can go-GO and show the boy the country. He'll be grown next time you turn around--believe me, my 3 sons are!
We have our first Florida beach trip planned and booked for the end of May for a week, and we are planning a local lake trip in the next month. We cannot wait. We finally got some sunny and 75 degree weather here in Georgia so the campers getting a bath!!

Welcome to RVF, @Huntinjake_23; glad to have you join us here. IMO, the Ford 7.3 Power Stroke is one of the best engines ever made for towing. We pulled a big 5th wheel for years with our 2001 F-350 with the 7.3. Never had an issue with it, even pulling the fiver over 8,000-foot passes in the Mountain West. We no longer have the 5th wheel, but the F-350 is still here. It now does snowplow duty in the winter and general hauling during the rest of the year. Still a great truck, as I’m sure yours is.

TJ

Latest resources

Back