• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Heyo! A whole new life checking in

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome to the forum! You’ve already gotten great advice about your holding tanks; if your RV doesn’t have a built in tank rinse, I highly recommend this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T36LJF2/?tag=rvf01-20

i used this on my previous coach that did not have a built in tank rinse. Easy to use; you don’t have to use it every time you dump, just occasionally. The first time I used it, I was amazed how much extra crap came out! :ROFLMAO:
??awesome I'm going to show this to my hubby as soon as he gets home. ❤

Or, if you have gravity toilets (not the grinder/macerator type), here's a less expensive option that I think is just as easy to use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYDO/?tag=rvf01-20

I used one of these in our 5th wheel some years back, You just step on the flush toilet valve, poke the wand down into the tank and turn the water on. Rotate the wand a few times and and then shut the water off. Remove the wand from the toilet and open the black tank drain valve. Repeat as necessary. No need to do this every time you dump either; just periodically.

TJ

I do have the gravity kind, this is also a good idea. I will research both before committing. I'm so glad I have some solid answers now ?

I just realized there are soooo many bad puns in these posts. I'm a dork. Lol goodnight friends

Welcome to the forum! You’ve already gotten great advice about your holding tanks; if your RV doesn’t have a built in tank rinse, I highly recommend this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T36LJF2/?tag=rvf01-20

i used this on my previous coach that did not have a built in tank rinse. Easy to use; you don’t have to use it every time you dump, just occasionally. The first time I used it, I was amazed how much extra crap came out! :ROFLMAO:

Welcome and enjoy your new 5er! Bless you for being a care giver!We also use this! We rinse every time we dump simply because we are usually headed back home for a few weeks or months.

We got one of those oxygenator shower head thingys that reduces how much water is used but helps increase the flow pressure. Works great!

We made lots of funny mistakes as nobodies (and still do, lol), but we have always kept the valves closed until dumping time:) One of our camping buddies had told us of a crowded campground where sewers had backed up into campers that had those valves open. Let’s just say all those campers paid the price. I actually think that is extremely rare, but lol the message stuck!

Latest resources

Back