RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
Freedom Elite 24 HE
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I'm still learning some basics with my new Class C (Thor) motorhome. These decals have had me pretty confused. At first I thought... OK fine, sewer (black) water on the left and waste (grey) water on the right. Then of course... "oops, I drained the sewer last and then flushed the grey water tank. Oh well at least I know it's backwards now.... who the heck labeled the valves backwards?"

Then I studied it all a little closer and took this image. "Sewer Outlet Connection" refers to the drain itself (the part I attach the hose to) which means that sticker is using correct verbiage and in the right place. But then it says the wastewater valve is on the right. The valve on the right is for the sewer (black water) so why doesn't it say that? Wastewater... I looked it up. That's a generic term for any kind of water that goes down our sinks and toilet and into the municipal sewage system. Does wastewater have a different meaning in the RV world? Shouldn't it say Sewage Holding Tank on the right and Grey Water Holding Tank on the left? This is so confusing and I want to re-label everything to prevent any chance of confusion in the future. ( I did read the manual, BTW, it uses multiple, confusing, ambiguous terms too). Any advice from the vets here?
StickerConfusion.jpg

Grey handle, Black handle.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back