Coachman
RV Model
Sportscoach srs365rb
RV Length
Chassis
Freightshaker
Fulltimer
No
Let me start by saying that I have bought, sold, and traded R.V's at a number of C.W locations. EVERY experience has been positive. I have been treated with respect, and left feeling like a fair deal was had by all parties involved.
Then came this.
I purchased a used class A from the Caldwell store. I found the unit a a different location, and worked out a transport deal with the sales guy. No problem, in fact he left me an out should for some reason I decided not to finish the deal. The rig showed up, we looked at it and agreed to go through with the purchase. That is when things went south.
When we went to pick it up, the finance guy started in on us. He did not want to take my down payment because it was to much. I told him I would pay cash for the rig, and he said he would raise the agreed upon price. He tried selling an extended warranty, but refused to give a price. He just wanted to add it into the payment, that I did not want. We were so upset, that we left the facility with no intention of returning, (other than I really liked the rig). After getting a call from the sales guy and the G.M. with the promise that things would be better, we returned a couple days later.
Went back, did another walk through, the back to mister personality. He never stood up and shook hands, a respect issue for me, and was still very arrogant and smug. When I told he I found a warranty that was better, and cheaper that the Good Sam one, he tossed the refusal paper at me and said, "Good, you earned it".
Needless to say, I won't go to that store for the free popcorn.

My entire experience buying my Ventana at La Mesa in Tucson was above and beyond, exceptional actually, except with the guy trying to push an over-priced warranty on me that I didnt need or want. The guy was a smug, arrogant, jerk. He was also irritated that I was paying cash and not financing. Come to think of it, he never stood up or shook hands either, and I’m told he doesn’t work there anymore. Maybe he got a job in Caldwell….

We purchased a Sanibel 5th wheel in Tucson Az from camping world. We live in Co but the price point was great so we made the drive to pick it up. Even though we gave many weeks notice, the trailer was not ready for a walk thru when we got there. We spent 8 hrs at CW. We finally met with the finance guy and he said that we could not buy the trailer cash and had to finance at this deal. We went thru the finance and then paid it off on the first payment due. This was in Jan 23 and it is now April 23 and we still do not have a title. CW sent the title to Az motor vehicle instead of Co motor vehicles. I have about a dozen phone calls now to try to straighten this out.
Mr finance said that I should call Az motor vehicles instead of him fixing his own error.
After some discussion with him, I came to find out that if you finance then pay off within the first 6 months, the dealer has to pay back the amount of kick back they receive from the finance company! That is why they are so anxious to get you financed.
On top of all this, they did not take care of warranty work they wet suppose to but fortunately CW in Co has been very helpful. Oh ya, CW also adds 1995$ onto the sticker( advertised) price to cover admin and inspection/cleaning fees.
This is the 2nd trailer I have purchased from CW and will not be making a mistake by doing so again.

Yep, I did the same thing.
CALL CW HEADQUARTERS!!!!!
I did. Did not help with my issue, but I was able to get the finance guy noticed by corporate. My friend just did battle with CW Fresno. Took his NEW unit in to fix some minor issues. Did complete walk around with service guy to make sure there was no damage. Goes back to pick it up 2 weeks later, and it has a big crack in the windshield.
My partner complains, and gets told it was like that. He provides video of walk around, and now crickets.
He called corporate, and at least they covered his deductible.
Fact is, CW after the sale, SUCKS.

Latest resources

Back