Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Watkins

RVF Regular
I am sure this is first of my questions and I appreciate your advice, feedback and comments.

Q: I got a new to me 2003 Intrigue recently, the issue I am trying to currently resolve is the Hot water in the shower. It has single handle Moen and it only gives me HOT, like really HOT. To turn water on I pull handle out and left is HOT, right is COLD and when I turned handle to right, cold the water would shut off. I did some research and learned about the mixing cartridge so I bought a Moen cartridge today, installed it but still just HOT and now if I turn handle to right, hot the water stops where before if I turned it right, cold it turned off. What could be happening?

I do plan on taking it all back apart and turning cartridge 180 degrees and... I do have HOT and COLD water at sinks (Kitchen and Bathroom and outside shower in wetbay) so..

Thanks
tempImagejNs0Lv.png

Attachments

• tempImageK2sG1T.jpg
    tempImageK2sG1T.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Sounds like the cartridge is out of sync. Someone else must have replaced it. There should be an anti scald device that restricts how much hot you get, usually a ring with a fine spline on it and a tab or 2 .

I agree that it could be out of synch however, check and make sure there is not a water shutoff for the cold water that is not turned on.

I agree that it could be out of synch however, check and make sure there is not a water shutoff for the cold water that is not turned on.
I have both cold and hot at all other service points on the coach.

My other question is not sure how I even have hot water. Engine was not running, generator was. LP is off, water heater is off so not really sure source of hot, scalding hot water.

I consulted with a plumber buddy late yesterday and he thinks maybe backing out stainless set screw on cold water side on manifold in wall and maybe turning the hot side in a smidge. He also said absolutely I need to pull cartridge and rotate 180 degrees.

My other question is not sure how I even have hot water. Engine was not running, generator was. LP is off, water heater is off so not really sure source of hot, scalding hot water.

I consulted with a plumber buddy late yesterday and he thinks maybe backing out stainless set screw on cold water side on manifold in wall and maybe turning the hot side in a smidge. He also said absolutely I need to pull cartridge and rotate 180 degrees.
You don't need to pull the cartridge. Simply take the handle off and turn cartridge 180.

Hot water heater runs off 12 volts so that is why you have hot water.

Yes, if you have 12v dc and propane is on, you have hot water. You need to get it sorted out as to how it works before you burn something up.

Hot water heater runs off 12 volts so that is why you have hot water.
Would I not need to turn the water heater on, on electric? In previous rv’s I had a switch for water heater, one switch for electric and another switch for propane and in the mornings during shower time I would turn both on so the water heater recovered quicker so we would not run out of hot water.

So where might I find a cold water valve to the shower in a 2003 Country Coach Intrigue? 40’, Suite of Dreams floor plan?

Latest resources

Back