Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
One of my overnight stops headed to Florida is around Houston, TX. Any strong favorites that we should stay at? I looked at Harvest Host and they have some farms and breweries before coming into the city limits of Houston. I prefer wide roads and paved pads if it available. :)

I stayed there but can't remember where! I really need something that I can search by city, state to see what CG's I stayed at in that area. Hmmm

Anyways, I took a look and of course set a 4 star or better rating, cuz, ya know...and it looks like several on the western limits of the city look good, highly rated.

Edit: Multiple on the south end too

I highly suggest traversing Houston between 9 am - 3 pm. I think you're going to have issues finding RV parks in southern Louisiana and maybe Mississippi due to the recent hurricane.

Have you considered traveling I-20 rather than I-10?

Another caveat, some areas of coastal Texas and Louisiana may receive up to 20+ inches of rain over the next 3-4 days from tropical storm Nicholas.

I am not leaving until end of December at the earliest so hopefully things will have calmed down slightly. Right now my stops include Houston and Pensacola so I hope that I can find things there purposely avoiding stopping in Louisiana and Mississippi. I had considered I-20 but a few opinions I read elsewhere was 20 can be a challenge in the winter months especially in and out of New Mexico and Arizona and everyone goes south to I-10? Please advise if that is not the case.

I don't want to pre-empt the winter wonderland tour....;)

Latest resources

Back