Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How are folks making out with Nicole (the storm)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

AbdRahim

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
BayStar 3626
RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
I waited too late to make a decision, so I can only hunker down in North Fl and pray. Gusts tomorrow up to73 mph. Slides in, jacks down.

FYI! A former Miami police officer told me tat in FL all lagre vehicles are directed off of the interstate at wind speeds of 35 mph.

Last edited:
Yikes, stay safe and umm take video.

Jeanette is in Ft. Lauderdale for her niece's wedding. Staying dry, I hope!

We just lost power. The DS is our “escape pod” if need be. It is all fueled up.

I waited too late to make a decision, so I can only hunker down in North Fl and pray. Gusts tomorrow up to73 mph. Slides in, jacks down.

FYI! A former Miami police officer told me tat in FL all lagre vehicles are directed off of the interstate at wind speeds of 35 mph.
eye came over us around 2am. Just lost power at 4am. But seems to quickly have lost strength. Some feeder bands coming in from the gulf and that should be it down here.

re FYI Always surprised when 35 mph to the side of a big vehicle is a threat. (We stopped running fire trucks and ambulance at 39 sustained). But you can hit 80 mph to the front while driving. vehicles are only stable in a few directions.

Stay safe

We got away with wind and 3 inches of rain, a few more palm fronds down, but no damage. We were well south of the path thankfully.

Our power is still out. Had to run a cord from the DS for the fridge inside the house.
Ice cream was starting to melt, and DW threatened me that if I don’t do something, I’ll have to eat it😳

Inded
Our power is still out. Had to run a cord from the DS for the fridge inside the house.
Ice cream was starting to melt, and DW threatened me that if I don’t do something, I’ll have to eat it😳
Indeed - melting ice cream is an emergency!😎

God is good. If we did get any 70+ mph winds, I slept through. I woke up to the power coming back on. I don’t know how long it was off. I walked around the campground and observe no damage. According to NOA weather the worst has past. Sunshine on Sat.👍

Last edited:
We had a full day of rain and strong winds here in Sarasota. Nothing compared to Ian 6 weeks ago though - that was a brutal storm.

Very fortunate, here in St. Augustine. Thankfully, No issues, & our girl is snuggled down in her garage!
Substantial damage & erosion to "A1A" near Flagler Beach, & Vilano Beach!
Downtown St. Augustine had some flooding of streets, but most businesses faired pretty good, & many are back open today!

Latest resources

Back