Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dan-Hawaii

RVF Regular
We are looking at getting an RV. We want to do the parks and see the country. Last year we rented a Winnie Minnie and found it great but, if we were not traveling with family with snot vehicle it would have been a pain to park in non RV parking spots.

Our question is:

Can you really park the smaller class B in a standard size parking spot? If so how long is the longest we should consider?

Thanks

Dan

A standard parking space is approximately 8’x20’. So maybe considering that it’s usually okay to stick out a foot or so without much issue.

Parking issues are usually reserved for the bigger boys. I don’t think parking a class B would be much of an issue almost anywhere.

How many is "we?" Just two people, or are there more? I ask because a Class B is pretty small for extended trips, even for a couple. I certainly can be done, but you need to be prepared for some close quarters.

As @MapNerd pointed out, parking should not be a big issue for a Class B.

TJ

How many is "we?" Just two people, or are there more? I ask because a Class B is pretty small for extended trips, even for a couple. I certainly can be done, but you need to be prepared for some close quarters.

As @MapNerd pointed out, parking should not be a big issue for a Class B.

TJ
It would just be two of us.

Some of the "B" s get up to 23 feet . Is it an issue parking the longer units?

I can see how the narrower width would help.

We are not going to be proud and would likely spend 1 to 2 nights a week in a hotel. We want to be able to dry camp though.

Thanks

I really don’t see it being an issue most of the time. Just park in the back of a parking lot or empty section.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back