• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How difficult is magneshade install?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
REMINDER: Be very careful of the magnets!! Super strong, & can HURT!
View the video, & you should do fine!
Good Luck!

As a point of interest, we were at Magneshade's yesterday to let them "reinstall" our windshield shade!;)
Yea, that was my original plan, to swing by, but just hasn't happened. I'm 20 hours or so away, and work full time, so the few trips I've made, I couldn't get by them. I even told my wife, if we don't get it quite right, we can do a factory/shot reinstall at some point in the future.

Ok, I did the install today with my wife. By far the worst part was the 40 exterior black magnets. Cleaning exterior window (steel wool, then just alcohol, then adhesive prep) and prepping the three side shade magnets (would be nice if they sent the black magnets with adhesive pre installed like the inside magnets)..

Oh, did I say 40 black magnets. Duntz cap to the idiot that didn't read the instruction sheet. I thought all the upper magents for front window were supposed to be exterior black, and so installed six black magnets across the top, when it should have only been upper corners.

When I wound up one magnet short for the lower right, I figured they shorted me a black magnet, and accidentally sent extra inside magnets. After getting home, I started to wonder if the four upper middle should have been inside. I asked my wife if she remembered how close to the cabinet the inner left\right top corners were, but she didn't remember, so I headed back to RV garage (at my sister's, 10 minutes from home). Confirmed what I was thinking, only four outer corners were supposed to be black magnets.

Anyway, a pain to clean the exterior with steel wool and all (much worse when you prep more areas than needed due to stupidity), but overall pretty simple. If I had to do a second time, it would be a piece of cake, not that I know what to do.

Latest resources

Back