Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
I want to get them for my Ventana. I had been trying to coordinate a time when I could have them factory installed, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. How tough is the install in terms of getting the magnet positions right?

Is it possible to do solo, or definitely a two person job?

I do mine solo all the time (magnet install) as I go through Windshields like poptarts it seems. It's not hard but if you have concerns with ladders you may want to get help. Magneshade has good instructions. If you go to any rally's where they are attending they can probably do for you at a rally so maybe coordinate with them or go to their location if it's in your travels (NC).

Definitely a two-person job! DW & I did the original install on our Canyon Star!
But, be careful, as the magnets are tremendously strong! So strong that they pinched the skin together on two fingers, & bled like a "stuck hog"! Part of that is thin skin & being old!!
However, if you take your time, separate the magnets carefully, & you can do a great job on the installation!

Been on my list since before I bought my Ventana (originally had a Thor ACE), but now that I plan to travel more, including AZ/Las Vegas in August, I think it's time to get them. I had hoped after my Orlando trip in a few weeks I could swing by there, but I don't think it will happen. I won't be at a rally where it's possible until September at the Kountry Klub rally, if I go to it, but would really like to have them for August.

I've wanted videos in the past, but is it essentially putting the magnets on the inside (with film over adhesive still intact), and then attaching the screen, and then stretching/test fitting that way. Once fully stretched and knowing where the magnets go, just peel the backing one at a time in that position?

Do you mark all the magnet locations, then take the shade down, and start applying, or do you do it one at a time, while the shade is still on the exterior?

The "Link" which Neal posted is an excellent video of installation!
They are worth the money, for sure!!

Any and all summer camping shades go up, they work!

Definitely a two-person job! DW & I did the original install on our Canyon Star!
But, be careful, as the magnets are tremendously strong! So strong that they pinched the skin together on two fingers, & bled like a "stuck hog"! Part of that is thin skin & being old!!
However, if you take your time, separate the magnets carefully, & you can do a great job on the installation!

I agree. My wife and I managed to do a pretty good job installing ours. Once you have a couple of magnets roughly positioned they hold the shade up. From that point on it's just a matter of "tweaking" the magnet positions.

Ok, Magneshade in hand. We will do the install this weekend (front window, and three small for driver's window, door and small passenger window.

Ok, Magneshade in hand. We will do the install this weekend (front window, and three small for driver's window, door and small passenger window.
REMINDER: Be very careful of the magnets!! Super strong, & can HURT!
View the video, & you should do fine!
Good Luck!

As a point of interest, we were at Magneshade's yesterday to let them "reinstall" our windshield shade!;)

Latest resources

Back