RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
JayFlight SLX 8 212QBW
RV Length
21 ft
Fulltimer
No
2022 Jayco 21ft Rv pulled with Ford f150. Making reservation here and there and am always asked in the pull-down menus:
Length. Do I Clyde length of hitch or just 21 feet?
Type: am I a travel trailer of a certain length!?

2022 Jayco 21ft Rv pulled with Ford f150. Making reservation here and there and am always asked in the pull-down menus:
Length. Do I Clyde length of hitch or just 21 feet?
Type: am I a travel trailer of a certain length!?
Do I include is the correct format. Sorry.

How I understood it from speaking with some of the campgrounds many years ago which I have camped out at was you include total length. For example, my travel trailer (Kingsport 199RK) was presented to me from the dealer as a 21 foot travel trailer, but when I measured it I found that from the front hitch to the rear bumper it was nearly 23 ft (about 22.5 ft long). So when I book a campsite I always state it is 23 ft long, this way I can be sure it fits without hanging out of the site in the roadway. Also, a few reservations I made had specifications for total vehicle + trailer length limits.

So in my opinion, always include total length (hitch + trailer length) when they give you a limit. And be certain the campsite does not have limitations on vehicle + trailer combined length (it will be noted if there is this type of limitation - as can be seen below from Yellowstone's Bridge Bay Campground screenshot).

Just my 2 cents.

1677226848090.png

How I understood it from speaking with some of the campgrounds many years ago which I have camped out at was you include total length. For example, my travel trailer (Kingsport 199RK) was presented to me from the dealer as a 21 foot travel trailer, but when I measured it I found that from the front hitch to the rear bumper it was nearly 23 ft (about 22.5 ft long). So when I book a campsite I always state it is 23 ft long, this way I can be sure it fits without hanging out of the site in the roadway. Also, a few reservations I made had specifications for total vehicle + trailer length limits.

So in my opinion, always include total length (hitch + trailer length) when they give you a limit. And be certain the campsite does not have limitations on vehicle + trailer combined length (it will be noted if there is this type of limitation - as can be seen below from Yellowstone's Bridge Bay Campground screenshot).

Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 17090

Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 17090
Thank you!!

The tongue is not included, only the box. The reason is the tongue does not present any obstacles.

Latest resources

Back