Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kangarooelaine

RVF Regular
Just like the title says, how you find BLM camp sites? I saw the maps online at the BLM website but it doesn't make sense to me where we are allowed to park an RV and camp and where we aren't. Can someone help me understand? Thanks

Safe bet is to probably google the name of the land and/or county and try to find the rules if any. Otherwise just show up and park. Quartzsite for example has a setup at least in some areas where you have to register with a camp host and there is a 14 day max stay.

BLM maps are more like charts that show an anchorage. You should camp where others have camped before rather than forge a new spot. The best way to show someone the anchorage is to have them google map the location and get the satellite view of the area. Remember the ant farms and how the tunnels looked in between the walls? that view will be presented in the satellite view, believe me. Most 14 day camping locations are like in the nfs free 14 day locations, about 2 miles from any fee areas.

We just landed at the imperial dam LTVA BLM camp area This area and other LTVA areas are nothing more than large natural parking lots. No designated spots to camp at only the 15 foot rule.

Latest resources

Back