Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How Does One Change the Generator Oil Filer on 2024 Thor Aria 3401?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rakkasan Aria

RVF Newbee
Our 2024 Thor Aria 3401's generator is bolted to angle iron that prevents access to the panel cover used to change the oil filter. The responses to questions to Thor range from owner maintenance is the owner's problem to a suggestion that we disassemble the mounting arrangement, disconnect the exhaust, jack up the generator somehow, replace the filer, and undo that process. This for routine maintenance that Onan says is required after 50 hours and every 150 hours thereafter.

The servicing dealer (the same chain from which we bought the RV) had no reasonable approach.

Is this design malpractice, is our unit the only one like this, or has someone figured out how to change the oil filter without paying someone a few to several thousand dollars?

Thanks.

Wow...I hope another Thor owner comes through for you.

I fibd the best thing to do is google the owners manual or look in the bag that came with your rv. I did some work on my Dad's 4000 watt LP generator on his Airstream. I knew it would be different than my QD8000 generator. I looked at the Data plate and googled it. Downloaded the .pdf and found everything I was looking for.

Latest resources

Back