Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ahavah2023#2024AYZ

RVF Newbee
New to this forum and will be putting my house on the market and purchasing an RV to live in full-time beginning of next year. From what I’ve been looking at door seems to be the one that has the most aesthetically home look inside as compared to other RVs. Which I think is why I’m interested more so in any door Class C. I live in Texas so our winters have been very strange with great amounts of snow and ice more than normal and of course our summer is extremely hot up to 1 115 this past summer! I’m looking at probably used since the new ones seem to be a little more pricey! So any advice on which Thor C for full-time residing would be appreciated! And I’m sure you may ask questions which would be good because that will make me think about things! I would like to have for sure the stove and the oven. It would be nice to have a washer and dryer on the inside but it’s not a dealbreaker since I will be on my friends property can use theirs! A back up generator would also be important! Any advice and questions would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum from Ely, Iowa

What specific model in the Thor line are you looking?

Note that many of the Thor class 'C' motorhomes are not suitable for full time living. The interior materials are just not of a robust quality to stand up to living in full time. For example, most of the Thor class 'C' motorhomes on their website used descriptive terms such as "Whether planning a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, the Echelon offers the ideal blend of versatility and luxury living amenities."

I also found this on the Thor FAQ's concerning full time use: Yes and no, Thor Motor Coach motorhomes are fully self-contained with onboard power, appliances, bathrooms, and sleeping areas, so extended stays can be considered in a Class C. However, if planning to reside in the motorhome full-time, please reference your owner's manual to understand warranty coverage limitations. Learn more about long-term RVing in this blog by Hangin' with the Hagens.

What specific model in the Thor line are you looking?

Note that many of the Thor class 'C' motorhomes are not suitable for full time living. The interior materials are just not of a robust quality to stand up to living in full time. For example, most of the Thor class 'C' motorhomes on their website used descriptive terms such as "Whether planning a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, the Echelon offers the ideal blend of versatility and luxury living amenities."

I also found this on the Thor FAQ's concerning full time use: Yes and no, Thor Motor Coach motorhomes are fully self-contained with onboard power, appliances, bathrooms, and sleeping areas, so extended stays can be considered in a Class C. However, if planning to reside in the motorhome full-time, please reference your owner's manual to understand warranty coverage limitations. Learn more about long-term RVing in this blog by Hangin' with the Hagens.
Think you will find very close to the same wording in all RV literature. The reason is building requirements. Temporary structures don't have the same codes.

New to this forum and will be putting my house on the market and purchasing an RV to live in full-time beginning of next year. From what I’ve been looking at door seems to be the one that has the most aesthetically home look inside as compared to other RVs. Which I think is why I’m interested more so in any door Class C. I live in Texas so our winters have been very strange with great amounts of snow and ice more than normal and of course our summer is extremely hot up to 1 115 this past summer! I’m looking at probably used since the new ones seem to be a little more pricey! So any advice on which Thor C for full-time residing would be appreciated! And I’m sure you may ask questions which would be good because that will make me think about things! I would like to have for sure the stove and the oven. It would be nice to have a washer and dryer on the inside but it’s not a dealbreaker since I will be on my friends property can use theirs! A back up generator would also be important! Any advice and questions would be much appreciated! Thank you!
With the significant temperature changes of which you speak, I would suggest you do extensive research on "Class C" coaches available, and closely compare them to a "THOR"! There are other brands that may better suit your needs!

Latest resources

Back